The forums have moved to a new location, visit them at forum.goldensunhacking.net!

Share | 

Element Levels and Classes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
thenightsshadow
New User
New User

PostSubject: Element Levels and Classes   Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:18 pm

Okay, another error report.

I gave Felix slot #195 and gave him 4 Venus, 2 Mars, and 1 Jupiter for levels. I gave him a class with 4 Venus, 2 Mars, and 1 Jupiter, with 1 at the top and 3340/0 at the bottom. Keep in mind all non-base classes were 13/13/13/13 at the time.

It worked. But as soon as I added Swordsman (E) (Slot #40) to be 4/1/1/2 from 13/13/13/13, Felix's class stopped working. Changing his number to 3 (Mercury Djinni trigger) and 0/0 didn't do anything either.

I wonder what this is all about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atrius
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Element Levels and Classes   Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:46 pm

The way classes are selected is a little odd sometimes, I haven't fully explored it yet. This issue probably has more to do with the game's mechanics than the Editor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forums.goldensunhacking.net
Role
Magister
Magister

PostSubject: Re: Element Levels and Classes   Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:02 pm

Also, this isn't an error report. It has nothing to do with the editor, but rather with the game's code. This is something that we need to explore so we can fully understand. When I asked you to write the report over IM, I didn't mean as if it were an error, silly.

I also expected you to explain it a bit more. Since you won't, I will...

I confirmed this by changing the base elements to Isaac and Felix, and changing the classes accordingly. Just one teeensy tiny issue... it broke the game.

Despite the fact that they qualified for Squire (Isaac) and ? (Felix), they showed up as NPCs. I changed various values, such as the character value up top, one of the values at the bottom, and still, nothing.

However, something odd... I could make Isaac become a Dark Mage, something that only Wind/Water adepts could become. I could also make him a Paladin. But not a Ninja. FELIX, on the other hand...

It seems as though when I added 1 Jupiter to Isaac, and 1 Mercury to Felix, all hell broke loose. This would imply that it's NOT just element level that determines class... there's some other values in there that we just don't understand yet. After changing the Squire requirements back so that they no longer required a single level of Jupiter, Felix qualified as Squire, yet for some reason, Isaac didn't.

I'll be fiddling with this some more later, to see if I can come to understand how it works. However, I figure that someone who understands more than just basic programming will actually understand WHY it works that way...

My programming skill is moot, so what I can do is provide reference materials for people to work with while the tools are being developed. I'll to my best to contribute! If you see an error in my reference guides, PLEASE LET ME KNOW about it so I can fix it! Thanks! ^-^

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Element Levels and Classes   

Back to top Go down

Element Levels and Classes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1